Thunderstorm Outlook for Canada and the United States for Monday, July 23rd 2018.
There is a risk of severe thunderstorms in Southern Alberta including the City of Calgary, Northern, and Central Manitoba will see a chance for Funnel Clouds. NW Ontario, and SE Ontario will also see non-severe thunderstorms. The main threats here are Large hail, heavy downpours, and winds guts up to 100 km/h, as well as a elevated Tornado risk.
Severe thunderstorms are expected in the NE, and the SE states. The main threats for these storms are; large hail, wind gusts, heavy localized downpours, and a risk for a few Tornadoes.
- Move to a sturdy building or car.
- Do Not take shelter under isolated trees.
- Get out of boats and away from water.
- Unplug appliances. Avoid using the telephone or any electrical appliances.
- Do not take a bath or shower.
- Remember when thunder roars go indoors!
The Enhanced Fujita Scale (EF-Scale) rates the strength of tornadoes in Canada and the United States based on the damage that they cause.