Thunderstorm Outlook for Canada and the United States for Sunday, September 23rd 2018
There will be a slight chance for non-severe storms in Southern Manitoba, NW Ontario, and Southern Ontario. The main threats in these storms, are small hail, winds gusting to 100 km/h, and torrential downpours with 50 mm possible.
Non-Severe thunderstorms are expected across the the SE States, Gulf Coast States, and the Great Plains. The risk here will be, heavy localized downpours, Flooding in some areas, small hail, and wind gusts above 60 mph.
- Move to a sturdy building or car.
- Do Not take shelter under isolated trees.
- Get out of boats and away from water.
- Unplug appliances. Avoid using the telephone or any electrical appliances.
- Do not take a bath or shower.
- Remember when thunder roars go indoors!
The Enhanced Fujita Scale (EF-Scale) rates the strength of tornadoes in Canada and the United States based on the damage that they cause.