Outlook for May 18

Posted by Christopher Poitras on Friday, May 18, 2018
stock photo
Sunny conditions and average temperatures in the Maritimes for your Friday!

Central Canada will see Quebec having lots of sun and average temperatures, and Ontario seeing a rainy Friday.

The Prairies will still have rain/T-storms.  However there will be clearing conditions in the western Prairies in the afternoon.

  • Labrador City NL - Minus 1 degrees with a 40% chance of flurries.  Wind will be  from the W at 20 km/h gusting to 40 km/h. 
  • Corner Brook NL - 2 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud.  The wind will be coming from the W at 30 km/h gusting to 50 km/h. 
  • Gander NL - 6 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud.  The wind will be coming from the NW at 20 km/h gusting to 40 km/h in the morning. The afternoon will see the wind shift towards a W direction at 30 km/h gusting to 50 km/h. 
  • St. John's NL- 7 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud.  The wind will be coming from the NW at 20 km/h gusting to 40 km/h in the morning. In the afternoon we will see the wind shift towards a W direction at 30 km/h gusting to 50 km/h.
  • Sydney NS - 8 degrees with tons of sunshine!
  • Halifax NS - 14 degrees, 10 degrees along the coast, with nothing but sunshine! 
  • Charlottetown PE -  10 degrees with plenty of sunshine as well. 
  • Fredericton NB - 15 degrees with you guessed it....tons of sunshine!
  • Gaspe QC - 10 degrees with a mainly sunny sky. 
  • Quebec City QC - 14 degrees with plenty of sunshine!
  • Montreal QC - 15 degrees with a completely sunny sky.  The wind will be coming from the NE at 20 km/h. 
  • Ottawa ON - 18 degrees with mainly sunny skies.  The wind will be coming from the E at 20 km/h.  
  • Toronto ON - 16 degrees and 12 degrees along Lake Ontario, with a mix of sun and cloud.  The evening will start to cloud over, and there is a 30% chance of showers heading into overnight.  The wind will be coming from the E at 30 km/h gusting to 50 km/h. 
  • Windsor ON - 19 degrees except 15 degrees along Lake Erie, with a mainly cloudy sky.  There will be a 30% of overnight showers.  The wind will be coming from the E at 20 km/h gusting to 40 km/h. 
  • Thunder Bay ON - 13 degrees with a 40 % chance of morning showers.  This will clear in the afternoon however, there is a 60% chance of showers heading into the overnight hours. 
  • Winnipeg MB - 11 degrees with risk of T-Storms.  The wind will be coming from the NE at 30 km/h. 
  • Regina SK -13 degrees with cloudy conditions all day.  The wind will be coming from the NE at 40 km/h gusting to 60 km/h.  
  • Saskatoon SK -16 degrees with cloudy morning conditions clearing to complete sunshine in the afternoon.  Wind will be coming from the NE at 20 km/h. 
  • Calgary AB -14 degrees with the periods of rain ending in the morning, with a mix of sun and cloud in the afternoon.  The wind will be coming from the N in the morning, and the E in the afternoon, at 20 km/h all day. 
  • Edmonton AB - 20 degrees with a mainly sunny sky.  The wind will be coming from the SE at 20 km/h in the afternoon. 
  • Fort McMurray AB -20 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud.  The wind will be coming from the W at 20 km/h in the afternoon. 
  • Prince George BC -23 degrees with sunny conditions. 
  • Vancouver BC - 19 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud in the morning, with a 60% chance of showers in the late afternoon/evening hours. 
  • Victoria BC - 17 degrees with a mix of sun and cloud.  
  • Iqaluit NU -Minus 2 degrees with a 30% chance of flurries, this chance will last all day into the overnight hours.  The wind will be coming from the NW at 30 km/h gusting to 50 km/h.  
  • Yellowknife NT - 14 degrees with mainly sunny conditions.  
  • Whitehorse YT - 20 degrees with a mainly sunny sky. 



The Team

© Wx Centre