Man Says He Was Struck by Lightning Inside Office

Posted by on Friday, June 9, 2017
White Lightning Heating Mountain

We’ve all heard the slogan “when thunder roars… go indoors” but for one man in Rochester, New York, being inside could have killed him.

Nick Gemayel was inside his office at AutoWerks in Rochester. During a thunderstorm a lightning bolt struck the sidewalk outside the garage and then traveled inside the building, he said.

As a result some the wiring of the building ended up damage and Gemayel was injured.

He was taken to hospital and released a next day.

Gemayel told WHEC, "My muscles started contracting and tensing, and very foggy thinking. I started to feel very strange. Then my hand started to blister … You don't feel like yourself."




The Team

© Wx Centre