Posted by on Thursday, November 12, 2015
13 Facts About Friday the 13th
1. It's Unclear Why It Is Feared
2. The fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia or paraskevidekatriaphobia.
3. Experts say that friggatriskaidekaphobia affects millions of people and estimate that businesses, especially airlines suffer from severe losses on Friday the 13th.
4. Many high rise buildings, hotels and hospitals skip the 13th floor and many airports do not have gates numbered 13. In many parts of the world, having 13 people at the dinner table is considered bad luck.
5. For a month to have a Friday the 13th, the month must begin on a Sunday.
6. Whenever a common year begins on a Thursday, the months of February, March and November will have a Friday the 13th. This will happen 11 times in the 21st century.
7. Three Friday the 13ths can occur in a leap year as well
8. Alfred Hitchcock Was Born on the 13th
9. In many Spanish speaking countries and in Greece, Tuesday the 13th is seen as a day of misfortune.
10. There is very little evidence to show that Friday the 13th is indeed an unlucky day.
11. Friday the 13th enterprise includes 12 horror movies, a television series and several books that focus on curses and superstitions.
12. Finland has dedicated one Friday the 13th in a year to observe National Accident Day.
13. An Asteroid Will Safely Fly By the Earth in 2029, there is absolutely no risk of the asteroid impacting the Earth or the Moon.